CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
The West African Youth IGF is created with a goal of encouraging and involving young people in a substantive discussion on Internet governance across the West African region. This formation will follow the main IGF principles of being open, inclusive, non-commercial with multi-stakeholder participation during the whole preparatory phase and the event itself, all in line with a bottom-up decision-making process.
As a build up towards this year’s conference slated to come off in July, the steering committee seeks to work with two (2) volunteers each from all 16 West African countries who will assist with tasks for the success of the conference.
We would appreciate your efforts and would very much appreciate the sharing of the opportunity with people in your network.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND VOLUNTEERING GUIDELINES
Who should volunteer?
- Youth in West Africa
- Aged between 18-35 years
Why should you volunteer?
- Access to conferences and internships with the Youth IGF Society
- Opportunity to meet and network with other like-minded volunteers
- Mentorship opportunity from leading experts in IGF society
- Avenue to build working experience
- Opportunity to enrich ones CV
- Personal Skills Development
Volunteers Role Include:
- Act as the first point of contact in sharing information with regards the program
- Send sponsorship letters to target companies and follow up whilst maintaining constant feedback with the team.
- Contribute to event planning in at least two (2) of the below units where you are skilled and function effectively in addition to facilitating sponsorship. Planning units include:
- Design Support: For all artworks, logo and e-flier designs
- Logistics Support: Work with a team in procuring all logistics for the event
- Publicity: Help in publicizing the event in all media forms possible.
- Invitation and Protocol Unit: Follow up on all Invitations and work with team relating to travel and visa issues
You are required to:
- Commit at least eight (8) hours a week to your role
- Agree to send bulleted reports at least every two weeks regarding your work to the team.
Deadline for submitting the form is Saturday, 11th May, 2019. 2300h GMT